Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Just in case anyone might be interested, I have an online store. It's at www.cafepress.com/aliceszenstuff It's got some of my more, uh, odd(?) art. Most of which came about from reading about Zen Stuff. Feel free to go look. You can even buy stuff if you want. It's mostly t-shirts and such. My only problem with it is the stuffs kinda expensive unless I mark down my prices so far I get nuthin'. Sigh. Oh, well, such is the wild world of 'bidness'. Now let's see if I can up load something.


The Captains Dream

The Vulcan looked up as I entered the bridge. No emotion, no reaction could be read on that unchanging countenance. An eyebrow raised only the slightest micrometer, and I stopped dead still.
He had reacted!
But to what? Why?
Had one of those numerous, vitally important dials or gages before him at his station; or the computer, through some method beyond mere human understanding, reported to him the near and ultimate destruction of the entire universe?
"Captain," he intoned solemnly in his precise English, "I believe you've forgotten something."
I stood peering at him and thinking furiously. No, I had given all the necessary orders, checked and double checked all the thousand and one things that absolutely had to be checked....but....
I had grabbed a couple of minutes sack time before coming back to the bridge.
"What..", I began, blinking in alarm.
"Your boots, Captain." he said without even a flicker of an eyelash and pointed a long slender index finger at my left big toe as it protruded defiantly from its sock.
With that I gratefully awoke and very carefully put on my boots; after tucking my toe discreetly back within its sock

YeeeeYowww! Look-it That! It worked! It actually worked. (doing a little victory dance!)
Let me know what you think, y'all.

5 comments:

  1. It's been a while since I read this. I forgot how cute it is! LOL

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story. Shows imagination and sense of humor. Good descriptions. About 50K words too short.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. So you want more trek-like stuff from me do ya? Be careful what you ask for Earl! Be very careful. Least I introduce you to...quitly now least she be roused... The Kha Sul. (snicker)
    Actually, it's what I think is called a 'Mary Sue' story by some. You know, M.S. is this total fan of everything but her own boring, dull life and lives totally withing the paramiters of her favorit fictional adventures. I sat this one up with two basic paramiters: A. the idea that the future will be heavily influenced by philosophy's inherent in Star Trek and thus by Gene Rodenberry. And B. That a Sci Fi soaked female Treker wanna be hero, just might actually have a destiniy 'out there'.
    It's one of those things that will never sell as it has far too many references to established visual and writen fiction. One of those 'just for fun' things.
    In deed the name/discriptive of this main charicter is, with a small misspelling, the same as my e-mail address.
    Hey, it's easy for me to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once, I wrote a short sci-fi story for my teenage grandson. The hero was a machine, a starship with no humans aboard. The ship's name was Roger Staubach.

    I can't find that story for the love of me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting, Earl. Caused another idea for me...Have you ever read McCafferrey's "Ship Who Sang" group of books. The Ship isn't purely machine, however. It's 'brain' is an actual person...But McCaffery tells it far better than I. Really. Find her story's. Read. Great fun.

    ReplyDelete